SQL Server 2005 Patching fails CREATE DATABASE failed.
Error Number : 29537
Error Description : MSP Error: 29537 SQL Server Setup has encountered the following problem: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]CREATE DATABASE failed.
Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.. To continue, correct the problem, and then run SQL Server Setup again.
By default the setup creates the Temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database Database on specified default database location,
If the location doesn't exist, it fails to create the database and the setup fails.
1. In SSMS, go to Server Properties > Database Settings > Database Default Locations ,check default location for Data and Log .
2. Try to access locations specified at Data and Log, Make sure files are available there.
3. If any of the files missing from above location , we hit the above error.
4. In that case, change the path to point to reall location of mdf/ldf files .
5. Setup should now succeed.
1. Reference: a recently applied update, kb955706, failed to install